Monday, February 23, 2009

My trip next door to Itayanagi

I came to the Lighthouse today and bought a caramel latte which included a squirt of thick caramel sauce on the foam, hmmm it was delicious. There is also some really unique and eye catching pottery on sale made by Miyo and Shuhei. As you venture further into the coffee shop there is some nice jewelry on sale and then even more excitingly a whole range of Christian books. I think this branch is invaluable to the church as it means there is always somewhere open when the main church isn’t. I also think it’s a great place for people who may feel intimidated by entering a church as a coffee shop is something more familiar they may be more comfortable coming to talk about Christian things. Also fusing of a coffee shop and Christian bookstore means non Christians who enter to have a coffee may end up having a browse in the Christian bookstore.

-Anna Parkinson

No comments: