That's right, people can come to this session at the café and practise their English skills while speaking to a native English speaker. This is usually a short-termer staying at the church who has came from far-off Eigo speaking lands.
I have enjoyed going along to these meetings and getting to know some really cool Japanese people! As well as adding the odd Japanese word to my extensive Nihongo vocab. (I think I have around 20 words now - yay! ...) We discuss various topics related to recent news events as other countries and.. anything really! We also play a few games which include using the English language to build sentences - fun AND educational.
Anyway, I think this is a great opportunity to bring in more people to the café which also acts as a bridge to the church. May God use the relationships with these people so that they may know who Jesus is! This has been a great opportunity and I feel blessed to be able to be a part of it!
Gary (short-termer from Beatles-land, Igirisu)
No comments:
Post a Comment